zondag, februari 02, 2014

Tears go away

Normaal hou ik het op het Nederlands op deze blog, maar deze post moet ik gewoon even in het Engels neer pennen.

The following is a sad story. A very sad story. At least it’s for me. When I saw the videogame Tearaway for the first time… I was sold. I just wanted to play that game. The cute and colourful design I just love it. Also it’s from the same creators as the Little Big Planet series. Which are also awesome games. And the main character has a envelope as a head. As I’m currently working at the former Royal Dutch Post (now a days PostNL) I just couldn’t resist to pre-order it.

So I pre-ordered the game in Juli 2013 at Zavvi.nl. And the release date was pushed to November 2013 by the publisher Sony Computer Entertainment. So I had to wait longer for the game. But I hoped the game would arrive in the last weeks of November. All was fine and I still had a smile on my face.

tearaway_banner
On the 20th of November I got a notice that Tearaway was sent to me by Zavvi. So the game should arrive before December. A couple of days later I received an e-mail that stated that Zavvi had sent the wrong product and if I could contact them in time to arrange a pick-up for that product. I’m a honest person. So when the wrong product (a PS Vita with a digital code for Tearaway which is way more expensive as the retail version of Tearaway), I contacted Zavvi for the arrangement, with the question if they could sent the right product at the same time.

Wrong

The wrong product

No the couldn’t. They could only sent the right product when they received the wrong product back. Weeks went by and still no retail version of Tearaway found his way to my door. I contacted Zavvi about this, and their answer was that again there was a mistake at their warehouse. My order was blocked.at the warehouse for some reason, but they would try to sent me a copy at that point.

Again weeks went by and still no Tearaway. Again I contacted Zavvi and I got the reply they would give me an answer as soon as possible, At this moment it is three weeks after that response. I still haven’t got a answer. I still have no copy of Tearaway. And it is two and a half month after the release of the game.

This makes me sad. And somewhat angry. Normally I don’t pre-order. I don’t earn a lot of money. So most times I just wait until I find a decent copy of the game I want for a cheap price. But this time I really wanted to play the game as soon as possible, And then Zavvi screwed me. Off course I can call the money back I already paid. But as a pre-order the game was cheaper than it is today. That means I will have to wait for Zavvi to deliver the game or until the game is sold cheap enough somewhere else. So until one of these things happen I have to wait (and probably wait some more) before I can journey to the awesome land of Tearaway.

wassail-slow-2

Geen opmerkingen: